Personal Injury Claims
How to make a personal injury claim?
- Obtain a Personal Injury Claim Form
- Complete all relevant sections of the Claim Form
- Send your completed form to QBE Insurance within 180 days from the date of injury (earlier is preferable). QBE’s address for completed claim forms is:
QBE Insurance Australia
GPO Box 4108
Sydney NSW 2001
- QBE Insurance will confirm receipt of your claim and/or make contact with you should they require further information.
The Health Insurance Act (Cth) 1973 does not permit the Trustee or Insurer to contribute to any charges covered by Medicare (including the Medicare Gap).
|Examples of Non-Medicare Medical items.||Examples of items covered by Medicare.|
|Claimable as per the Policy Wording.||We can not reimburse you for these costs.|
*Please note: MRI scans are generally claimable through Medicare, however sometimes the referrer and/or provider is not registered with Medicare. Please check with your treating physician prior to lodging your claim.
In addition, there will be no refund in respect of:
- Any expenses recoverable by You from any other insurance scheme or plan providing medical or similar coverage or from any other source except for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other policies/plans.
- Any expense to which the National Health Act (Cth) 1953 or any of the regulations made there under apply.